Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

windy windy wednesday

It's been a full day, but a good one.  Started off at the gym this morning with Dave, where I did hill and sprint intervals on the treadmill.  Unfortunately only did 30 minutes before I was just done - completely wiped out.  That was frustrating, but there is always tomorrow!

New shoes arrived in the mail!  They're so pretty!
You can barely tell from the pic, but there are little flower designs in the silver!  YAY!  These are my new favorite ones.  But I don't need to get into them quite yet - my others are still holding up.

Mosie and I played shower games this morning - she loves to come stick her head in the shower, then to chase my hand.  She gets really wet, but doesn't seem to mind.
Spiky wet neck and head hair.

Stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things and found baba gannouj on sale for $1.99.  I was intrigued... mostly because I'd only ever heard of baba gannouj from Wedding Crashers and had no idea what it was.  Basically it's hummus with eggplant and it's phenomenal.
I'm going to plow right through this container.  This was part of lunch - baba gannouj and carrot sticks.  (Amanda, I chopped up a whole carrot and you're right - it was very good!)

I also did a little Christmas decorating today:


Plus a few red ornaments hanging from the curtain rod in the bedroom and a collection in a bowl on a shelf.  Hooray for Christmas lights (my favorite part!)!

Dinner tonight was modified shepherds' pie and it was goooood.
Dave's pie and mine.  Both had broccoli, spinach, carrots, and green beans in a nutritional yeast gravy.  Dave's had some chicken, mine had peas.  They were both topped with mashed sweet potato and potato and kidney beans, and cheese (lots for Dave, a little for me).  This was the perfect warm food for a windy, cold day!  We had chewy wheat bread with baba gannouj (of course!) as well.  And made dessert by blending together yogurt, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in little bowls.

My sister gave me the nutritional yeast gravy recipe and it was sooo good - I'm definitely writing it down to keep.  But here it is to share (hope that's okay, Kel!):

Kelly's Nutritional Yeast Gravy
1/3 c. flour
half onion (my addition)
1.3 c. nutritional yeast
1/4 c. oil
2 c. water
1 T. soy sauce
1 t. mustard
salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan brown the flour and onion until it turns golden and smells.  Add the yeast and oil and whisk together.  Add the remaining ingredients and whisk til smooth.  Simmer until it thickens.

I'm going to go watch a "Where Are They Now" Biggest Loser video.  And wash dishes and clean up!

1 comment:

  1. baba gannouj. oh my. i tried making some last summer while doing the south beach diet. it was the grossest thing i've ever put to my lips, i think. i am SURE what you bought at the store was much better, maybe i'll have to give it a try at redeeming my previous experience. shepherd's pie looks good. :-) i've got italian sausage soup simmering in the crock pot. (ok, it's actually gr. turkey, but if you add enough italian seasoning, anything becomes italian. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes