Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

savory breakfast oats and the return of Mosie!

I mentioned yesterday that I wanted to try this baked eggs with marinara recipe.  This morning I had some extra time before the start of Baby Day, so I made some marinara sauce with leek, carrot, broccoli, garlic, tomato sauce, and lots of herbs.  I made a 1/4c. of steel cut oats (my addition to the recipe), scrambled an egg with some water, and piled it all in a greased dish.
Kind of bizarre looking, I know.  Baked at 400 for about 15 minutes.
Ready to eat!  Basically this tasted like spaghetti, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.  I think I could have done without the egg on top - it didn't really add anything.  But the combo of oats with sauce and veggies was SO good (better than pasta, even???).  I ate this two hours ago and I still feel really full, like I just ate.

Picked Mosie up from the vet yesterday at 4.  We are so happy to have her home!  She is moving a little slow, not jumping much, and a little more reserved than normal, but overall doing well.  She didn't eat at the vet at all and boy is it showing - she was already skinny but now it's very obvious.  So far she's had a great appetite here at home, so we're thinking she'll gain it back pretty fast.
The little shaved patch on her front leg is where they put the IV in.  I won't post pictures of her incision, even though it's pretty small and very neat.  The stitches absorb into her body - easy peasy!

Talia is still in her morning nap so I've cleaned the dishes and am ready to do a little reading... or maybe some Olympics...

1 comment:

  1. yum that looks super tasty! Glad the little one is doing ok, they are suprisingly resilient!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes