Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

let's talk music

Ordinarily when I run I don't listen to music.  This started last fall when Dave and I both left the house at the same time for a run.  I told him to take the ipod and went music-less... and had a really great run.  The next day I left the ipod at home and had another great run.  And since then I've stopped using the ipod when I run.  Clarification: I don't use the ipod when I run outside.  Inside is a totally different story.  The treadmill is boring, the gym noises are boring, basically music is what keeps me going.  The music has to have a fast beat to keep me entertained and moving... content and actually quality of the song is less important.  Here's a few I've been digging lately!
  • A Little Bit of Riddim - Michael Franti and Spearhead
  • United States of Pop 2009 - DJ Earworm
  • Tik Tok - Ke$ha
  • Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
  • Deja Vu - Beyonce
  • Jump On It - Sir Mix-A-Lot
  • Telephone - Lady Gaga and Beyonce
  • Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
What are your favorite songs to listen to?

2 comments:

  1. usher's song, "Hell Yeah" (not sure this is the exact name of the song though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on the no ipod when running outside. I do once I get up past 14 mile runs--I start needing some beats to keep me going. But it's great to just take in the birds, people, wind whistling, and flowers blooming . . . loooove it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes