Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

a plan for the week

This morning's swim got cut short because I just wasn't feeling it.  I got to bed late last night and the whole swim felt uncoordinated and slow and I was tired and grumpy.  So instead of an hour I called it quits at 30 minutes.  It was nice to have a little extra pre-work time and I'm glad I didn't force it.  Even after a huge mug of coffee this morning I still feel sleepy.

Dave and I have had some crazy weeks lately - lots of busyness, late nights, trips, etc.  I've definitely been feeling out of whack from our disrupted routines and am glad for a week to return to normalcy.  This should also include some grocery shopping (we're down to bare bare bones, people) and some actual cooking!  It's been so long since I have made a full meal at home.  Weird!!!

A couple recipes I'm excited to try (or have again): black bean and rice burgers, salmon with an avocado sauce, roasted broccoli, and maybe some minestrone soup or chili.

What are you cooking this week?

2 comments:

  1. those burgers sound delicious! we'll have to add that to our menu!
    this week: flatbread sausage, mushroom, and spinach pizzas and hamburger casserole (with ground turkey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i made oatmeal again this morning - this time we put yogurt in instead of fresh fruit - tasted like peach crisp1

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes