Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2 dinners

Dave requested macaroni and cheese tonight and who am I to refuse him?  Especially when he shows so much joy at the mere preparation!
I boiled up some pasta, then mixed it with sour cream, milk, diced ham, broccoli, and a bunch of cheese.  Topped it with more cheese (I used fiesta blend and mozzarella... because it's what I had on hand) and crushed up crackers.  Then baked at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.
He was quite happy with this!  Although the poor thing has a pretty nasty head cold (he currently sounds like a smoker) so his taste buds are somewhat limited.

I created a quick bowl of chili for myself by throwing together some random ingredients.  It wasn't blow-me-away-amazing chili, but it was really pretty good!
About a cup of leftover kidney beans, 1/4 c. ground flaxseed, a can of diced toms (no salt added), a squirt of ketchup, some worcestershire sauce, half an onion sauteed in olive oil, garlic salt, and italian seasonings.  Topped with nutritional yeast and a couple ball crackers.  I mixed it all together and ended up having half to put back in the fridge for leftovers!  Probably this would have tasted even better if it had time to simmer together, but I literally threw it together while the mac and cheese was already halfway through baking.

Dave and I walked down to the baseball field tonight and watched part of a game between two local high schools - our church had a kid on either side of the game, and a bunch of people were down there to watch.  It was a beautiful night - sunny but not hot.  Gloriously springy.

We came back home in time for a little popcorn (yesssss) and now it's time for bed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes