Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

taper starts NOW

22 miles = DONE!  3:26:53, 9:24 pace.

Mile 10: ate vanilla gingerbread Gu.  Made a rash (and smart) decision that it would be the last gingerbread Gu I ever eat.  That is just a bad idea for flavor.
Mile 12: stopped at home to blow my nose, grab some workout bars for later fueling, refilled the water bottle, and to kiss Dave goodbye, since he'll be gone til about 4:30.
Miles 12-19: in the words of Ke$ha: blah blah blah.
Miles 19-21: this marathon was the worst idea ever.  I could've kicked a puppy at that point.  Also, dude, that smell is ME and it is GROSS.
Miles 22: la la la la dooooooooooone!  It's all tapering from here!!!

I am super salty and hitting the shower.  Those last two vanilla gingerbread Gu's are up for grabs.  You want them, I'll mail them!

5 comments:

  1. this blog makes me really excited about having committed to a fall marathon with you. am i going to have to find a safe home for my puppies once the mileage climbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not a runner, so please clarify for me.....you just ran the indy-mini marathon, did you run a marathon of your own today? you are tapering now, when do you start training for sept then? just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking I would love to try the gu :)

    Great job on your 22! Ha! I have had the "why did I sign up for a marathon" though on shorter runs. Uh oh. What will happen when I get up to 22? (well, 20!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I did a marathon 2 years ago and I remember that last long run...I did mine on a Monday because of weekend full of 2 bachelorette parties and 2 bridal showers! I love the mocha flavored gels and the Jelly belly sport beans, personally.

    I also have a guy, a kitty and I run. I'm really enjoying your blog, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes