- No sugar. Basically this just means ice cream, my main love. I've proven to myself time and time again that ice cream + running = terrible terrible runs.
- Key foods to eat: bananas, green smoothies, chia seeds, protein (especially Thursday) and carbs (especially Friday).
- Extra sleep. I plan on sleeping an extra hour a day, at least (getting up at 7ish instead of 6ish).
- Water water water.
- Reading Born to Run, Runner's World, Once a Runner... anything that makes me excited about running long distances, that reminds me how much I love it and the thrill.
- Driving the course the day before, when I go to pick up my packet info. Just so I can preview where I'll be.
- Reviewing my training, thinking about long runs... reminding myself how prepared I am and how much I enjoyed those long runs.
- No popcorn. JUST KIDDING. We all know this isn't even possible.
Any other ideas/thoughts for what I could or should do to get ready? How do you prepare for a race?