Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

so close

Tomorrow we leave for vacation with all of Dave's family.  I'm so excited to get away and relax, and to spend time on the beaches of Michigan!  I'm planning some sandy runs, lots of sun time, reading, games, and fun!

I'm in the cubicle today, which has left me time to plan what I need to pack for the trip, and also what I need to get done before we leave in order to make packing next weekend (and moving next week) go smoothly.  Tuesday morning is going to be full or errands, I think - setting up utilities to switch over, grabbing groceries and making yogurt and pb granola for vacation, stopping by the school to say goodbye to all the kindergarteners, and a couple other things that I can't think of now but wrote down earlier.  Maybe I'll save the run for when we hit vacation!

Work randomness: I bought a dozen eggs off a coworker - apparently their chickens are making more than they can eat!  Fresh eggs!

My legs are finally feeling a little sore today - tightness in my quads, ankles, and along the front of my shins.  But it's a pleasant soreness, one that a good downdog and a run could really shake out.  I'll have to settle for the downdog, since a run isn't going to fit in today, unless I run alongside the car on the way home.  I've already found myself desperately trying to find another marathon to run before the Presque Isle in September, and maybe one in October and one in November, too.  I need a side job just to support my love of races!

Happy Monday Vacation Week!

2 comments:

  1. the irony is that if you had another job to support the races, you wouldn't have the time and energy to train like you do now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes