Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

dual workout

Gmorning!  I slept like a rock last night!  When the alarm went off at 5:30 I debated going back to sleep, but after pushing snooze a few times I managed to pull myself from bed.  I did a "new" workout this morning!  I put on my swimsuit and running clothes, stuffed my goggles, swim cap, and a hand towel in a drawstring backpack, and ran 2 miles to the gym.  It wasn't too hot yet but man, it was humid!!  I swam 1 mile in the pool (which was actually kind of gross - there were hairballs floating in the pool!  Nasty!), then dried off a little, put my running clothes back on, and trotted the 2 miles back.  This was a great combo workout.  The muggy runs were bearable because they were short, and adding swimming in the middle was a great change of pace.  I'll definitely do this again!

It's back in the cube.  I need more coffee.

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing.
    Good job for being creative and staying fit! I love that about you!
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I'm glad I can help you realize that kids are great but something you need to be ready for. One day you will be and you'll be better prepared for the craziness that ensues. Unless you luck out and get one of those calm kids ...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes