Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

summer dinner

Yesterday I finally got around to repotting my plants.  Many of them had outgrown their pots or were just looking sad - like they needed a dirt refresher.  My sister, Kelly, gave me some plant cuttings while I was in PA, so I had no choice but to start potting!  We have a raised bar on the back deck and it was the perfect place to repot - I could spread everything out and start working and I didn't have to hunch over!
Those end two "pots" are really just bowls.  I used to find white pots boring but I'm really starting to like the crisp look of them.  A nice white pot really let's the plant do the talkin'.
And lastly, some oregano in a big pot on the deck.
For dinner last night we went with a never-can-be-wrong favorite, Indiana sweet corn:
This is one of my favorite things about summer.  And I need to get crackin' on buying some to freeze!  

I decided to, once again, try my hand at tofu.  So far I haven't had much luck making very delicious tofu, but I thought I would give it a go again.  I pressed it out for about an hour, then let it marinade in spice mixed with water.  The spice is Dave's new addiction.
Then I grilled the tofu on the George Foreman grill.  Sadly, it never got really crispy or firm, which is what I was hoping for.  Nonetheless, alongside a beautiful salad (butterhead lettuce, tomato, sauteed onion and garlic) and sweet corn, we made due.
I ended up cutting up my tofu and putting it in my salad, where I enjoyed it much more.

Sweet corn for breakfast, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. good luck w/ your plants! i am such a plant killer; i don't know how i'll ever keep my own garden or anything like that when i eventually have space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no! I adore the white! Very New England-esk and clean and understated!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes