Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

yassos

This morning was my first try at doing yasso 800s as part of marathon training.  (Here's a great article about them.)  Basically the theory is that if you run 800s repeatedly throughout training at a consistent time, say 3:20, you'll run a 3:20 marathon.  It's been pretty tried and tested, so Kelly and I have decided to incorporate them into our training for Presque Isle.  You start at four and build up each week until you're doing ten, then taper off for the race.

Dave and I ran the 2 miles to the track this morning (we saw two deer!) and did two 800s at 3:56 and 4:00.  We jogged for 4 minutes in between.  I was supposed to do 4 but because of time only did two, then ran the 2 miles back to get ready for work.  I'm excited to do these every week... except I imagine doing more than two will start to get kind of tiring.

Last night Dave and I got to spend time with our friends Mark and Lauren, and to see their puppy, Lucy!  She's a very lovey dog and crawled right into my lap, like a cat!
 Back to work.  Being in the cubicle on Thursday/Friday (instead of Monday/Tuesday) throws off my sense of the days...

6 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the awesome comment you left on my blog! i can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yassos sound like not too much fun -- but I'm sure they work :) I would probably be tuckered out after the first 2 miles of running to get there ;). Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, 800s, I hated it when my coach made me do them in track, but they are good for you, I guess.

    And I'm very jealous of all you Hoosiers hanging out together. I miss Indiana. Can't wait to see you when I come home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Lucy is so cute!

    I am so happy you explained yassos. Someone explained it to me a while ago but I had forgotten. It will be interesting to see how accurate it is for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes