Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

engagement

Yesterday Dave brought me home some pretty wildflowers.
We got engaged 2 years ago today(August 14, 2008), but we celebrated at date night last night!

Around 5 Dave told me he was taking me out to dinner.
We went to Kelly Jae's Cafe!  This is one of my favorite places!  We started with the arugula salad with mango, avocado, sunflower seeds, feta, and lemon vinaigrette.  And for dinner we split the macaroni and cheese and the seared salmon.  It was awesomeness, as usual!

After dinner Dave kept with the ice cream/engagement tradition:
Oh amazingness.

Here we were on the night we got engaged:
(Anyone else think this looks nothing like us now?)  After he proposed, Dave brought me up on a roof where we could eat ice cream and watch the sunset (collective "awwww").  You'd think he would have brought out the ice cream before asking me to marry him, just to make sure I would say yes, but he was confident I guess.

Before the rooftop we were over at the church, where Dave had decorated the stage with Christmas lights.
Three of his friends were there, too, and they played while Dave sang me a song he wrote for me.

I was surprised.  Well, I kind of had an idea when I saw the decorated stage, but prior to that I was unsuspecting.  Well played, Dave.

Dave and I blew past our regular bedtime last night in order to welcome in a few visitors:
It's Girls' weekend!  We have a big day planned today - a morning run for Rachel and I, adventuring around Shipshewana, and painting a bedroom!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes