Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

morning date

The engagement anniversary surprises continued!

Saturday morning Dave woke me up at 3am and put me in the car.  We drove to the park near our house and laid on the car to see the meteor shower!  Unfortunately, I didn't see any of them, but Dave saw 3!  We stayed for about half an hour, then drove home and went to bed.  At 6:30 Dave woke me up again!  This time he told me to get on jeans and to meet him downstairs at 7.  Then he left.  When he came back to the house at 7 we grabbed coffee in to-go mugs and got in the car.  We headed to the park again, but this time there was something different waiting for us!
Dave had borrowed our brother-in-law's canoe!  We went for a brief morning ride!
A short way into it Dave asked, "What's that over there?"
There were notes hanging on the bank!  We rowed over and cut them off.
One envelope with something Dave loves about me, one with a present, and one with a "remember when" story about our relationship!  Throughout the ride there were five stops for cards!
We paddled down the river for a little, collected cards, then rowed home.
It was a perfect morning.
I am so grateful for my husband, who let's me know daily that he loves me, in small ways, in large gestures, in words, in actions.  I am so blessed.

6 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesomely sweet! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so blessed - bravo dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too adorable! You two are so beautiful together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just recently stumbled across your blog, and this is quite possibly one of the sweetest things ever. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am speechless!!!! that is the sweetest thing i've ever read!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes