Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

yassoing

I have to admit, it felt good to be back running again this morning, even if my legs felt a little stiff from so many days of rest.  I'm eagerly anticipating the end of the week, when this heat wave is supposed to lessen a little.  It is crazy hot/humid out there.  Gross.

I got out this morning before the heat got too bad, thankfully.  This week's yassos: 3:44 (best time so far!), 3:46, 3:50, 3:49, 3:51, 3:50, 3:50, 3:47.  Four miles of speedwork is hard.  Toward the end I felt like I was going slower, but my pace was staying consistent, which shows that they probably do work at training your body to hold a pace.  I'm still not sure I believe that this means I'll run a 3:50 marathon, but hey, doing them can't be hurting my training either.

Other things around the house today: fresh laundry hanging out on the line (it's so hot outside I started sweating just in the ten minutes I was standing there pinning it up) and Iowa bread dough rising in the bowl.  We've also got a project for tonight: check back tomorrow morning for the details.  I have a feeling it's going to be amazing...

Have you used yasso training for a marathon?  Did they work?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the yassos! Great times! I did a 90 minute yoga video this morning and boy did it work me out! I'm sore! I might try running this weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes