Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

get POMed

Remember the POM brownies and the POM muffins that didn't really taste much like POM?  I finally found a recipe that really brings out the POM taste: POM green smoothie!
POM green smoothie
1 frozen banana
2 large handfuls spinach
3/4c. POM wonderful

This was fantastic.  So rich and thick and super flavorful!  Spinach is going on the store list... I want mass quantities of this!

It's a rainy rainy day here, but I'm hoping to get in a run anyway.  I love a good rain run... but I don't love "I might get struck by lightning" runs, so I need to figure out if it's just rain or if it's going to get worse!  While I'm on weather.com, I might as well stalk the weather for the marathon... 10 days...

Do you run in the rain?

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of spinach in a smoothie but can you taste the spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I ran maybe.. :) No I have been running one mile a few times a week on the tread mill. That is a BIG step for me. And I think the spinach smoothie sounds disgusting! I will let you drink them and I will leave the spinach for chip dip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely agree is this one of my favorite smoothies!!

    10 days are you in taper brain yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It rains so often here in the Pacific Northwest that I have to run in the rain sometimes. :P

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes