Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

groceries!

The reader recipe poll winner is baked french toast with cinnamon apples!  Check back on Friday morning for the recipe/review.  (PBJ and banana breakfast pizza was a close second.  The recipe I was going to use can be found here.)

Last week I talked about Dave and I's new grocery budget challenge.  It's another week and so far, so good!  Week 1 ended at $51.39 and week 2 at $58.84

Week 3: $45.08
  • 18 eggs
  • giant bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • peanut butter
  • raisin bran (generic)
  • honey nut cheerios (generic)
  • vanilla creamer (big carton)
  • chocolate chip creme brulee creamer
  • apple juice
  • cheez-its
  • mayo
  • cottage cheese
  • 1 bunch bananas
  • 4 pears
  • 6 apples
  • 2 pounds strawberries
We still have $15 to spare for the week for extra ingredients/random needs.  I know for sure we'll probably need a new jug of milk before the week is out.  We're also heading to Tennessee later this week, so we'll want to pick up some food that will be easy to eat in the car for snacks/meals.  Still, we're right on target and I know we can stay at $60 for the week!  It's nice to know I can pick up the needed groceries for the week and replenish kitchen staples (condiments, flour, etc.) without going over budget!

I'm off to lunch!  The marathon has finally caught up with me a little bit - I'm starting to get an appetite back (I wasn't really hungry Sunday or yesterday).  And I'm definitely feeling tired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes