Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

gutter soaker

New chair!
The chair is one we picked up from IKEA, but the slipcover for it just came yesterday!  (Note: in the picture it kind of looks like it might have blue in it, but it's all different shades of brown.)

I have a slipcover for the loveseat, too, but haven't had a chance to get it on there yet!  The loveseat, couch, and footstool are all dark brown, so the chair has some nice variety with the stripe!

My rain run this morning ended up being really really wet.  The rain was pretty steady for the first bit.  At mile 4 a minivan hit the gutter when I was standing on the curb and any aspect of me that had been dry wasn't any longer.  After that it started to downpour, so the last 2 miles home were both fun and also not-so-fun.  I called it quits at 6 and was a drenched mess!

I'll admit, it was probably pretty funny for the minivan to soak me like that.  And I was completely oblivious to the fact that I was standing near an overflowing gutter... so I probably deserved it.  It felt like a scene out of a movie, as a curtain of water came up over my head and just soaked me.

I'm thinking my shoes are going to need the dryer in order to be ready for tomorrow...

A quick note: if you haven't tried green smoothies - do it!  I first read about them on the OhSheGlows blog.  I promise you can't taste the spinach.  They look green but they taste awesome.  Here are two other green smoothies I've made: chocolate banana and pb banana.  I've also done strawberry banana, banana peach, chocolate pb banana, etc.  Give them a try!

1 comment:

  1. We've been drinking green smoothies a lot lately. My toddler loves them!

    And take the insoles out of your shoes and stuff the shoes with balled up newspaper, helps them dry quicker.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes