Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

race crashers

Dave and I set off for a run this morning around Bristol, Tennessee.  We did about 3 miles before we ended up downtown, where they were starting to set up booths for the bluegrass festival today.  Right about the time we got downtown, they were also starting a 5K race.  We watched everyone start and then when the runners were about 3 blocks away decided that yes, we should definitely jump in.  So we did.  We had so much fun!  Right before the finish line we ducked out.  Final time: 26:30.  And because the main street of town is also the state line, technically I finished in Virginia while Dave finished in Tennessee!

5Ks are funny to me.  I'm used to doing half marathons and fulls, so this race went so fast!  It was a lot of fun.

We jogged home, stopping to walk around in a Confederate Unknowns cemetery.  We're showering and getting ready, then headed downtown with my family for Rhythm and Roots!
We're looking forward to spending time with family, hearing good music, and eating some fair food!  Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. that funnel cake is sitting heavy in my stomach right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you "crash" a 5K for the fun of it, emerging at under 27 minutes, and I struggle through one and barely keep it under 36? Sheesh--you guys are too good. Looks like I need some practice. (And no, I wasn't in Bristol, but I was in a 5K this weekend here in Bloomington.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bandits! Too funny that you ended in different states! :P

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes