Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

reader recipe poll: s'mores pie

Here's a blog I love: Peas and Thank You

Many many recipes have come from that blog (including another recipe tomorrow!).  They're all so creative and delicious.

And s'mores pie?  Yep.  From there, too.

Because I pretty much used the recipe just as I found it (shocking, I know), except I used regular milk and dairy creamer, I'm going to send you over to her blog to get the recipe: here.  Note: I used the flax egg, not the tofu.

My reward for actually following a recipe instead of modifying?  A gooey pie that didn't really set up.  I followed the recipe, I promise!  It's not the recipe though.  I probably just needed to let the pie set longer in the fridge.  Nobody said I was patient, especially around desserts.
It tasted like chocolate marshmallow pudding with graham cracker bits - not a bad thing at all!  Melody commented, "this is like a chocolate chip unbaked cookie!"
But practice makes perfect right?  Guess I'll just have to make it again...

Don't forget to enter the $45 CSN giveaway!  Winner announced at lunch today!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I love Mama Pea's recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes