Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

domestivity (domestic activity)

Got up early this morning and headed down to Bluffton, Indiana. Rachel and I first took a walk to the farmer's market where we picked up two dozen sweet corn. Walked home (stopped so Rachel's dog, Eme, could poop in the middle of a parking lot). We husked the corn and had some coffee, smoked and sharp cheddar, and apples, and started shredding zucchini. Lots of zucchini. Rachel's mom had grown a zuc as big around as my bicep and as long as my fingertip-to-elbow. Incredible. I had brought four rather large zucs as well. We shredded them, then started making bread. Abbie and Lacey soon joined us, too. We finished the bread, froze corn, had mexican dip and chips for lunch, did some crafts, and just hung out. At the end of the day Rachel and I each had four bags of corn to freeze, we had eight big loaves of zuc bread, two bags of leftover shredded zuc to freeze, and Rachel had two new doorstoppers. I finished my book on CD on the way home, then got some time tonight for dinner with Dave, to write thank you notes, do some bills, play with Mosie, and watch some gymnastics. All in all, a fantastic Saturday!


Also, something I'm still excited about: my best friend, Becca, got engaged at the end of July. She recently asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I am THRILLED and eagerly anticipating it. Bec and I have been best friends since second grade, eight years old, when we had matching bowl haircuts and had pencil races on our desks in Mrs. Fogle's classroom. Other than family, Bec has been my longest friend. I cannot wait to be with her on her wedding day!!! And next weekend Bec and Rachel - another longtime best friend - will be coming to visit me! Possibly with Bec's fiance, Peter! Dave and I are very excited for them to come!

(This post is dedicated to Dave, who begged for an update.)

1 comment:

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes