Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

mucinex and me

I've been fighting a cold for about 2 weeks now - at one point even thinking I had it completely beat only to have it make a resurgence on Tuesday of this week.  It's never actually become a full cold, but a little coughing and nasal junk is never fun.  And with the trail race tomorrow I decided to beat it once and for all.  So yesterday I went and got Mucinex, which from my experience, is about the craziest stuff to beat a cold and fast.  So far it seems to be working - I'm breathing a little better, blowing my nose a lot, and had a great run this morning that didn't feel like I had to work around a bunch of junk in my nose/throat.  Yay!

We leave at 4 today for Rachel and Joel's in Bluffton - so excited to see them tonight and spend the night!  The race is at 10am tomorrow - and Dave is now signed up for the 5 mile!  It's his first ever race!  I'm so glad that he's doing it.

I'm planning some good eating today to get me ready - banana peanut butter oatmeal for breakfast, lentils/cabbage for lunch, peas and apple for a snack, veggie soup and bread tonight for dinner!  And lots of water, water, water, and tea!

This morning Amanda and I made our own peanut butter!  We just threw unsalted dry roasted peanuts in the food processor.  I haven't tried any yet, but I'm excited to put it in oatmeal.  It's courser and stiffer than "normal" peanut butter, so I think it will be more for oatmeal and less for spreading.  I'll have to post more when I actually eat/use it!

Hopefully we'll have results and pictures tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes