Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

the hunter

Mosie has officially become the hunter of ants.  We've found a couple black carpenter ants in the house lately (tis the season), and Mosie is exceptionally good at finding them and notifying us of their presence... basically she sits and stares at them til we notice she is being unusually focused on something.  Today I came in the bathroom and found her sitting in the middle of the floor, staring at the wall.  Ten minutes later I came back and found her in the same place.  That's when I noticed an ant way up at the top of the wall, near the ceiling.  Dave killed the ant, but five minutes later Mosie had moved to here...
...still scouting the area.

We have tons of spaghetti sauce left over from staff dinner on Monday night - two containers in the freezer and two containers in the fridge.  Guess what Dave and I are eating a lot of this week?  Dave loves tomatoes in his omelets, so this morning I made him a spaghetti omelet!
Two eggs, diced ham, mozzarella cheese, and a couple spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce.  With strawberry jelly toast and half a nanner.
His mouth was full or you might have gotten a full smile there.  He really did like it!

I had my first decent run today since the 22 miler.  I did the long run on Friday, rested Saturday, did a slow 4 on Sunday, did a slow and walk-filled 3 on Monday, and rested again yesterday.  Through yesterday my legs still just felt tired and tight... I had no zip, and running felt wearisome, not fun.  Today I started out again, fully intending to cut the run off if my muscles felt tight (I've had a twinge in the back of my right thigh post-long run) or tired.  But I got out 6 miles at a good pace and felt like I could have kept going!  Made me happy to have some of my mojo back!

Question: Saturday post-long run I felt more emotionally fragile/on edge... I've noticed this sometimes happening after runs over 18 miles.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I don't know if I'm just tired or if the long run actually physiologically unbalances me a little?

1 comment:

  1. could you come cook me a giant breakfast some morning before i have to go to work?! =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes