Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

return of the internet!

Our internet is back! Hooray!

Today I went with Richele's kindergarten class to the apple orchard in town. It was a ton of fun to hang out with the kids, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day! It's currently almost 70, with raging sun!



We each got to pick three apples, a gourd, and got served apple cider. It was a great field trip! Unfortunately, three of the kids weren't there today... two are home sick with H1N1. Poor little guys!

I tried miso soup for the first time today... with a mixed reaction. Mostly I attribute this to my own problem: I made too much, and I put in peas (yum) and black beans... bad mixture. I also didn't have any noodles. I think if I make it next time with peas and noodles I will be a much bigger fan.

Also had a most delicious peanut butter oats breakfast this morning: bowl of hot oatmeal, a little plain yogurt, and a big spoonful of peanut butter. Mix and enjoy! It was so great! The peanut butter is new - something we picked up at Trader Joe's when we were down in NC. It's made of only peanuts... and it's really good! I want to try making my own peanut butter once this jar is used up.

I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time this week - cute movie. I definitely understand a bit more the Aubrey Hepburn hype (my first time seeing her) - she's adorable!! You can't help but love her. She's also impossibly tiny. Holy cow...

I'm off to pick the car up from the mechanic's (oil change) and to run a few more errands. Dave came up with a brilliant plan for tonight to enjoy the last warm night of the year: get pizza from our favorite brick-oven restaurant downtown and eat it picnic style on the roof of the church! Husband points for Dave!

Hope you have a day as enjoyable as our little sleeper girl, MosePose! (These were all taken within about 5 minutes of each other. She's a dynamic sleeper.)




2 comments:

  1. first off - you are a liar. you've had miso soup before! remember when you and abbie and i went to the thai restaurant in ft. wayne (baan thai) nearly 2 1/2 years ago (seriously...how could you forget?!) :) the meal begins with miso soup. as i recall abbie and i ate yours because you hated it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes