Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

We started out our Thanksgiving by sleeping in til 7, then getting up and going for a 5 mile trail run in the rain at Oxbow Co. Park.
Mosie did not accompany us on the run.  Lazy.

We came home and had a delicious Thanksgiving breakfast.  French toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage for Dave and french toast and oatmeal for me!  Plus coffee.  We showered and I got dinner started in the crockpot, we both did a little cleaning around the house, then took a family Thanksgiving picture:

Our Thanksgiving lunch "feast."
Honey roasted peanuts, peanut m&ms, wheat thins, chex mix, cheese, sandwich bites, roasted red pepper hummus.  Unpictured: the apple we cut and ate before it got brown.

Then I peeled and cut some apples and got together my first pie!  Into the oven... in the words of my mom, "God bless you little pie and I hope you turn out right."

The finished product:
It was great!  I think next time I'll pile even more apples inside.

Finishing out the night with our favorite lentil soup in a few more hours:

Mosie doing her Thanksgiving thing.  See?  Lazy.

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes