Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

morning notes

On my way out the door soon - heading to Marion for work.  We have an online conference to attend today.  I'm hoping it still means I can be on my computer... otherwise I'll be asleep super fast!

Made the most delicious lunch the other day.  I have a feeling it's going to be heavily repeated throughout the winter.  I don't know what to call this dish.  Any ideas?

1c. lentils
half a cabbage, chopped
1-2 carrots, chopped
1/2-1 onion, chopped
1t. curry
1t. cumin
1/2t. salt
4c. water

Bring to a boil and simmer together for 20-30 minutes.  It was incredible!  Warm, flavorful, and filling!

Not too much else to talk about.  I took a trip to Bethel College last night with Dave's mom while he was at elders' meeting.  Dave's sister Melody was playing in the chamber orchestra (violin) so we went to hear her.  The music was beautiful and I left relaxed and a little sleepy.

I am on the hunt for dress pants (I have none right now and it's getting cold!), but so far not having any luck.  They all seem to be mom pants or ankle waders for me!  I've tried Kohl's, Target, and JCPenney (all immediately available in Goshen).  I think I need to broaden my search to a bigger city with more stores.  Any suggestions for places I should hit up?  I would love to not pay an arm and a leg for them...

I'm off to finish packing up!  Things to look forward to: dinner @ Panera tonight with a dear college friend, breakfast tomorrow with my college writing prof and her daughter.  And a new book on CD to listen to in the car (I forget the name of it but Martha Plimpton from the Goonies is reading!  Yesss!).

Husband, I'm going to miss you!

2 comments:

  1. i'd call your recipe goulash. it's not, but i like the word? so do you not eat meat anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dish sounds really good. it's been so long since i made lentils. far too long, in fact.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes