Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl, naturally

Kentucky successfully dismantled Louisiana State yesterday (81-55) and I am fully confident my boys the Colts will dismantle another certain Louisiana team later today.  We're having a small party at our house - just 5 other people.  Any more than that and we wouldn't all be able to fit in the living room... or have dishes to eat off.  I'm making taco soup (review to come - and maybe recipe, if it goes well) and cornbread for our dinner, and then everyone is bringing snacks/drinks to share.  Woohoo!!!

Until then I'm going to get a run in and spend some time with my book and the sun and Mosie.  Right now I'm reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez's autobio Living to Tell the Tale.  So far it's really good, not that I would expect anything less from Marquez.  One small pet peeve: the chapters are really really long.  I like when chapters are shorter... I think they encourage me to read faster.  Anyone else?

Did you know Indianapolis schools already have a 1 hour delay for Monday morning because of the Superbowl game?  Crazy, huh?  I don't think I'm going to be so lucky about my drive to Marion, but maybe there will be another snow storm or something to help me out.

Richele and I, fall 2007, on our way to a Colts game!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun celebration! I don't think I'm even going to watch the Superbowl..too much hw to do...ugggh.

    p.s.
    I tried to make the chickpea brownies, but they were a little too "beany" for my tastes. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do the schools need a one hour delay for the superbowl on monday morning- i am baffled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad about the Colts' loss. And the commercials were really lame! Your taco soup sounds great, though; and I've been craving cornbread for the last two weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes