Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

crack(er) addict

Perhaps the most notable part of today (so far): Peanut Butter Day!  My favorite!
This later became part of these banana peanut butter chocolate scones (thanks, Rachel, for the link!).
 These are good, but surprisingly not as good as the name would lead you to believe?
I should really expect this from Dave by now.

And that mystery dough ball?  It became Kelly's Crackers!  Dough rolled out, with olive oil, salt, basil, and sesame seeds on top.
The antique cutter tool.  It gives a nice scalloped edge!
Cut crackers ready to bake.
 Deliciousness.  Seriously, I want to eat all of them, now.  (Love how our oven bakes so evenly.  OR NOT.)
 These are amazing, despite the fact that I forgot to add the oil (whoops) and I didn't knead for 10 minutes (because I'm lazy and also an idiot.  I own a KitchenAid mixer.  It kneads for you.) and I probably could have rolled them even thinner.  Basically, these crackers rock even though they were up against kitchen-klutzy me!

Kelly's Crackers
1t. yeast
1t. salt
1T. oil
1T. honey (or sugar)
1 1/2c. unbleached bread flour
1/3-1/2c. room temp water.
Mix all together and knead 10 minutes.  Let rise 90 min. or til doubled in size.  Roll out paper thin.  Sprinkle with herbs/seeds and cut into pieces (or bake whole and break afterwards).  Bake 15 minutes at 350.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes