Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

and away we go!

Dave and I leave later today for Indy for the half marathon (check out my race through the years if you missed it).  I started my pre-race fueling (I say that a little tongue-in-cheek, since I half pay attention and half just eat what I want/normally do) with roasted broccoli and sesame seeds and scrambled eggs.  Plus some fresh strawberries.  Not sure what lunch will be, but I have cheerios and raisins packed for an afternoon snack, and a banana laying around for when the need strikes.

Dave planned a fun day for us in Indy, post-race (and post-shower).  A tour and lunch at Traders Point Creamery - an organic farm!  We'll walk around, check out the animals, hopefully hear about the farming process, then enjoy some delicious food!  Then we're going to see the Legally Blonde broadway show, on tour! Good, silly fun!  I was so excited when he told me last night - especially about the farm!

The race starts at 7:30am on Saturday and check out the weather forecast...


7 am
Partly
48°F
Partly Cloudy / Wind
41°F
10%
68%
From W
20 mph

8 am
Partly
48°F
Partly Cloudy / Wind
41°F
10%
68%
From W
21 mph

9 am
Partly
49°F
Partly Cloudy / Wind
42°F
10%
63%
From W
21 mph

10 am
Mostly
50°F
Mostly Cloudy / Wind
44°F
10%
61%
From W
20 mph

Boy, that should be fun to run in.  At least it will be nice temps!  Here's hoping 45,000 people provide ample wind deflection.


I'm out of here!  Be back Saturday night!  Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Have fun! Stay behind someone so they will block the wind (then pass them in the end, ha ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many bathroom breaks do you take during the indy mini? j/k good luck and have fun! dave is a good husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great race!!! those temps do look pretty good, despite the wind. have fun @ legally blond, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes