Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

cravings

Last night's dinner switched to chili - tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion, black beans, kidney beans, hominy, italian seasonings, garlic, and cumin all served over whole wheat pasta, with cheese and sour cream to top.  This morning I was craving veggies!
Leftover chili, still in the grungy tupperware bowl!  This was delicious and really hit the spot.  I love vegetables for breakfast!

I made Dave a ham, cheese, and tomato omelet with a piece of strawberry jelly toast.  An hour later Dave had a craving of his own.  While I crave morning veggies, Dave craves chocolately trail mix - chocolate chips, almonds, and walnuts.
I'm going to run some errands, then heading to Grand Rapids later today for a birthday party!  Happy birthday, Abby, my fellow snacker!  (Abs and I on spring break our senior year of college.  We packed lots of snacks.)
My favorite snack used to be crackers - I loooooved crackers.  Okay, I still do.  But my favorite snack now is probably fruit - some berries, grapes, or a deliciously crisp apple!  What are your snack cravings?

2 comments:

  1. I'm w/ Dave on the snack front. I LOVE chocolate chips and almonds together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate covered almonds or an apple for a quick snack. Definitely has to be something crunchy and some days you just have to have the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes