Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

a few things...

1) I made $5 today selling old VHS tapes for a $1 each.  My workplace has an electronic "billboard" you can post to to sell things.  A lot of people wanted Mulan, Sense and Sensibility, The Patriot, Goonies, and The Parent Trap.  The rest haven't sold as easily... they'll just go to Goodwill.

2) I'm using tempeh in dinner tonight!  I've had tempeh with my mom and sisters before, but haven't ever prepared it on my own.  I'm so excited!

3) I almost made a mess in the kitchen.
This picture doesn't do justice to how over-the-edge those bubbles were.  An unwatched pot certainly does boil.

Those are black beans in there.  I recently learned that the pre-soak for beans isn't just for show... it's actually essential if you don't want the beans to make you gassy.  I used to skip the soaking because I was lazy or didn't have the time, but I always do it now, even if it's only 3 hours.  It really helps!

4) Today is my last day with Talia!  My work schedule is changing come July and August, and I won't be able to keep this little peanut consistently.  I'll still steal her for stroller walks and some evenings though!
Talia has definitely gotten big!  Check out how little she was (and how short her hair was) when I first started watching her!  Now she's crawling!

5) Current weather.com report for Saturday.  I'm hopeful!
6 am
Partly
66°F
Partly Cloudy
66°F
20%
84%
From WNW
7 mph
sunrise Sunrise 6:11 am

7 am
Mostly
66°F
Mostly Cloudy
66°F
20%
84%
From NW
6 mph

8 am
Mostly
67°F
Mostly Cloudy
67°F
20%
81%
From NW
5 mph

9 am
Mostly
69°F
Mostly Cloudy
69°F
20%
76%
From WNW
5 mph

10 am
Partly
71°F
Partly Cloudy
71°F
10%
68%
From W
5 mph

11 am
Partly
73°F
Partly Cloudy
73°F
10%
64%
From W
6 mph

1 comment:

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes