Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

pb mocha

If you haven't already, go read some of each others' funny quirks.  These are hilarious!  I love it!

I had a late and filling breakfast today (leftover veggie chili) so I wanted to keep it lighter for lunch.  I'm also feeling tired.  The result?

PB Mocha Green Smoothie
1/2 banana, frozen
2 large handfuls spinach
1/2c. milk
1/2-1c. strong coffee, cooled to room temp
2T. unsweetened cocoa
1T. peanut butter
1T. chia seeds
1T. chocolate syrup

Here's before I added the chocolate syrup.  A little too bitter:
And after:
The color is really kind of disturbing - murky brown green - but it's delicious as always!

A bizarre (potentially gross) story to leave you with: my brother-in-law, Keegan, inadvertently (and somehow unknowingly) swallowed a yellow jacket bee this past Monday.  He pooped it out whole on Tuesday.  WHAT?

5 comments:

  1. I need pictures of this bee... otherwise you might be lying to just make friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, Erick. I was forced to be second witness to said yellow jacket. No one's lying to make friends here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly & keegan.... Sounds like a bot name to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I haven't met Keegan yet, but when I do you know I am going to be thinking about said yellow jacket.

    Kim, you are a bold one for sharing this so openly! :-)

    Kim and Kelly - good luck this weekend! I will definitely be thinking of you! You are both inspirations to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keegan just won your quirks comment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes