Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

sunny sunday

Quick reviews: the bean chili was great, especially topped with avocado and tomatoes!  The sweet potato cornbread was good, but not earth-shattering... although I have no idea why I never made cornbread from scratch before.  So much better.  It's got that delicious crispy softness to it.  Mmm...  And the oatmeal pumpkin cookies never got made - we got home at 8pm and I was wiped.

Today though, I made some lentil soup that was amazing, if I do say so myself!  Easy peasy:

2 c. lentils
1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
2 carrots, chopped
1/2-1 onion, chopped
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. basil
2 t. salt
5 cloves garlic
2 cans vegetable broth
6-7 c. water
Combine in crockpot and cook on hi 4 hours, or low 7-8 hours.

It was so flavorful - a big hit with me, Dave, and our Sunday lunch guests!  We combined it with avocado grilled cheese sammies.  It's been a really long time since I've had grilled cheese!

The rest of our day was spent watching football (go Colts!!), and I got a sunny run in - happily in shorts and a tshirt in late October!  I also, for the first time, finally met my October run goal with a 47 mile week!

I head to Marion tomorrow with a loaded bag of snacks and lunches - leftover lentil soup, huge honeycrisp apples, peas, peanut butter clif z bar, oatmeal, etc.  Can you tell I snack frequently when in the office?!

Off for a little more football and then bed!  Gnight!

1 comment:

  1. From scratch cornbread is the best! Can I come over and eat with you guys?! :-)

    Congrats on meeting your 47 mile week...you rock!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my 24^3 post. Actually Dan gets all the credit. He's a pretty amazing chef, and he was the one who coordinated the plating. I was chief bottle washer and sauce-maker. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes