Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ratatouille!

Not this Ratatouille:

This ratatouille!
Green peppers, potatoes, carrots, squash, and zuc all swimming in yummy tomatoes with oregano and basil and chili sauce!  This was a first try for us and a wonderful crockpot recipe.  I threw in some big chunks of chicken for Dave and they got fall-apart-good.  It was a little too runny, but that's mainly my fault - our crockpot tends to supercook and since I wasn't home this afternoon to watch it, I added some water so the veggies wouldn't dry out.  We're planning on taking this to the airport tomorrow (weird?) with lettuce and eating it as a salad, too.  Unless security makes us throw it away?  We're not sure what food policy/security is.  If you know, tell me before 7am tomorrow!

Other airport foods (for snack, lunch and, um, more snacking): clif bars, apples, leftover Thanksgiving day "feast" wheat thins.

Also today:
New hair!  I got about 2-3 inches cut off, lots of layers, and some bangs.  Yay!  I haven't had my hair cut since June and it felt great to get something new and trim off dead ends.  I'm ready for Dallas!

And this:
The prize I won from a blogging giveaway!  Forgive me for the blurry picture, but it's cranberry bbq sauce!  I can't wait to try it.  Recipe ideas anyone?  We're always big fans of the crockpot.  Or stirfry!

As for yesterdays to-do list:
  1. Grocery shop. That sounds counterintuitive, but we need some fruit and some food for the road - you know I can't go more than 3 hours without a snack. Or sometimes 2 hours. 
  2. Get the suitcase from the attic. 
  3. Pack. 
  4. Finish book on CD from the car and return to the library. 
  5. Go see my cousin Jodi for a haircut! 
  6. Return stupid tights to Walmart. 
I'm off to get things organized, finish packing (#2 and #3!), and spend some time with Dave!  Planning on hitting the gym early tomorrow morning, then finishing packing up stuff and at the church by 7:45!  I'll be back on Monday!  Happy weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh hope you have fun! you will probably have to toss the soup because it's a liquid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ratatouille looks delish! Can I come over for dinner?!

    Your haircut is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes