Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

baby date

This year I'll be watching baby Talia each Thursday.  Today was our first day!

Mosie's contribution:

Talia and I had a great day together.  She was all smiles and kicks, a marathon napper, ate like a champ and didn't throw up afterwards.  It was lots of fun!

Last night I made curry spinach lentil soup with garbanzo beans.  Sadly, Dave and I found the soup to be a little lacking in flavor (adding cumin and salt helped).  However, it was hearty and warm, so we still ate it.  I'll eat the leftovers without complaint, but probably won't repeat this recipe.  None of my curry dishes have been standout... I'm starting to wonder if I have bad curry powder and need to go high-end (rather than Kroger brand)?

Dave has racquetball tonight so I'll accompany him to the gym for a workout.  Then we'll bunker back down - it is cold and windy and snowy out there.  I've been drinking mug after mug of tea and hot water!

5 comments:

  1. awww, she's SO adorable! and Mosie looks pretty comfortable, too. (:

    the soup sounds good in theory...mbe there's another recipe floating around out there somewhere? i, too, am a die-hard Kroger-brand-consumer. my chocolate chips, my cinnamon, my oatmeal...

    anyway, much to my chagrin, Kroger was out of kale when i went last night. i am still sad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. talia is soooooo cute. i can't wait to have her too and i'm glad you both had a good day together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talia is beautiful! Do you work part- or full-time from home, Kim? Or do you just travel once in awhile? What a blessing to be able to take care of a sweet baby!

    I'm a curry fan & started off with the Kroger brand, too; there's not really too much difference between that and other brands you can get there, although you may have to use a bit more with the generic. Have you ever tried to make a curry blend? Try 2-3 tablespoons curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon ginger (might make a little more than you need for that soup). I use that when I make chicken curry, and if you're up for experimenting with curried veggies or in that soup, it might be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Via http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fragrant-Chicken-Curry/Detail.aspx); super yummy curry recipe -- you could do lots more veggies -- peas, red potatoes, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi clout, great photos of talia AND mosie!
    maple city market has a curry i really like, I think it's called Muchi curry - don't remember the number. they have a couple there and i've liked both of them. sometimes you just have to use more too, i think; i almost always double whatever amount the recipe suggests.
    hope you can find something you like!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes