Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

comfort food

My foot is feeling even better this morning, but still twinges when I walk.  After a few many tears, Dave helped me decide to take another day off of running.  You wouldn't think this would be a big deal, but it is to me.  In addition to not being able to run, which I love, it makes me feel behind in my training.  Today was supposed to be a long run day for me.  I'm hopeful that tomorrow my foot will feel completely better and I'll be able to run.

Instead of oatmeal, I made a giant veggie scramble bowl for breakfast.  Hot, delicious comfort food.
a couple brussel sprouts, quartered
a carrot, diced
1/3 red pepper, diced
some frozen, chopped broccoli
1/2 onion, diced
2 eggs
dashes of garlic salt
splashes of soy sauce
1 T. tahini
water
topped with nutritional yeast

It was awesomeness.

I then used this fantastic, fun website to calculate the nutrition information.  Check out these vitamins!  (I couldn't figure out how to get the nutrition form on to here, so you have to click for it.)

I don't have a very busy Saturday.  I might go to the gym and ride the bike or I might stay here and do yoga/stretching/ab work.  Basketball starts again at noonish!  I'm ready!
Look close - see those earrings?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes