Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

this and that

Home again home again, jiggity jig!

Had a wonderful trip to Ohio this past weekend.  Friday I got to spend some time playing with my sweet nieces.
Lizzie, 23 months
Clare, 4 months

Then Saturday I met up with my oldest friends for a bridal shower for Bec!  Bec and I have been friends since 2nd grade - a whopping eighteen years!  It is so much fun to celebrate her wedding with her.  Paula and Rachel and I put together quite a spread of food for the shower.

Chicken salad croissants, kiwi, melon, pineapple, apple, oranges, grapes, red pepper hummus, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, white chicken chili (unpictured), and two delicious cakes.  Paula's famous peanut butter chocolate layer cake:
This thing is seriously crazy amazing.  Unpictured is the Texas chocolate sheet cake I made.  It's also crazy delicious.

We played fun games, ate, talked, and just had fun together.  One of the games consisted of being in partners.  One person was blindfolded and the blind player put "bridal makeup" on the partner.  Naturally we had some pretty heinous makeup colors to choose from.  I put together a beautiful look for Bec for her wedding day, don't you think?
The four of us together: me, Bec, Rachel, Paula.

I got home today in the early afternoon, watched Kentucky win against Florida, went for a walk at the park with Dave, then made him peanut butter banana french toast.  His dinner spread:
I took two pieces of bread and put peanut butter on both, then sliced up a banana and made a sandwich.  Dipped the sandwich on both sides in one egg, whipped with vanilla and cinnamon.  Then put it on the skillet til cooked and gooey.  Dave topped it with granola and syrup and paired it (interestingly enough), with a beer.  My funny boy.  He said it was incredibly good.  Let me know if you try it!

Off to get ready for work tomorrow and to finish unpacking from the weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. That peanut butter chocolate cake looks sooo good. Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes