Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

20 = done!

Highlights of a good, but mostly unremarkable run:
Mile 9: Bathroom pit stop at the assisted living facility.  This is becoming a long run norm.  Thanks, old people.
Mile 10: First Gu: chocolate outrage.  Tastes exactly like brownie batter.  For some that could probably be stomach-turning in the middle of a run... I found it amazing and delicious.  I want more of this.  Maybe just for dessert.
Mile 15: Ipod starts randomly turning the volume up to full blast.  Ear drums split.  I finally fix the problem by putting the ipod on lock (duh).
Mile 16: Time for the vanilla gingerbread Gu.  Made the mistake of squeezing the packet and seeing the yellow glittery gelatin... shoved it in my mouth anyhow.  Tasted like a gingerbread cookie with frosting.  Not my most favorite thing mid-run, but felt like a sugar jolt.
Mile 18: Vanilla Gingerbread burp.  Not delicious.
Mile 20: 3:07:27, not including the bathroom and a few short stops where I had to readjust the camelpak so it didn't rub my skin raw.  Glad to be done, but if I had to keep going, I could have I think.

I'm off to make a veggie burger wrap and to head to Richele's class!


April run total: 144.5 miles
Swim total: 8 miles

5 comments:

  1. Nice work, champ! Your April total is nothing to sneeze at. I'm proud of you for being so committed.

    My new Brooks running shoes just came in the mail yesterday; I'm so excited to try them out. I've been taking this week off running b/c of my IT band. I am going to try a short run on Saturday. It's worked out well b/c it's the end of the semester and I've been so busy.

    On that note, today is the last day of the class that I teach! yayyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME job running 20 miles!!! So impressive and inspirational!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your 20 miler. i found it particularly hilarious that you stopped at a nursing home because i'm doing my geriatric rotation right now, and the residents are downright entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes