Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

step 1: admitting you have a problem

I have an addiction to roasted vegetables.  Broccoli is the current favorite, carrot fries, peppers and onions, whatever.  Today's lunch was roasted cabbage (tossed in olive oil, sesame seeds, italian seasonings, and garlic salt) with scrambled egg.  Divine.
I went to a wedding shower this morning and there were cake balls.  Oh my word.  These things are amazing.
The best part?  We each got a baggie full of them to take home.  Dave and I might fight over them.  Here's the basic recipe to make your own.  These used red velvet cake mix and cream cheese frosting.  YUM.

And lastly, Dave made a video of Mosie this morning!  I love it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the midst of a love affair with roasted sweet potatoes. Yum. I've had them for many meals in a row. The children are getting sick of them. I'm not. I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a cake ball...I'm saving the recipe, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vid, especially the music! It kind of reminds me of Ninja Cat ( the style, not the music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLIPWjks_M - this version has dumb music).

    We love roasting cauliflower with bread crumbs, olive oil and garlic powder. SO addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had cake balls for the first time at a friends wedding last may. i am also addicted - we currently have several in our freezer we bring out when we REALLY need a cake fix
    current favorite combos:
    cherry cake, cherry icing, in white choc dip
    choc fudge cake, choc fudge icing in choc dip (we have to share one because they are SO rich!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes