Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

last run

I went for my last run this morning, to the dam and back, for 4.7 miles.  I decided to really push it on the way back to try to get my time under 40 minutes... and so Saturday during the marathon I could remind myself that pushing doesn't kill me and that it feels really good when I'm finished.  I got home in 39:49.  Yes!

Remember the goals I set for myself for marathon week?  Here's how I'm doing!

Sugar: I haven't had ice cream, other than banana soft serve "ice cream" - which is totally okay and good for my legs!  I had two cookies yesterday and actually dreamed about chocolate chip cookies last night, but I've been doing well on this, keeping it under control without being totally legalistic about it.
Key foods: I've eaten a good amount of bananas (in "ice cream" and green smoothies), chia seeds, sunflower seeds, yogurt, raisins, fruit and veggies.  I've tried to consciously be choosing both protein (yogurt, eggs, beans) and carbs (cheerios, homemade bread, etc.) throughout the day.
Sleep: Other than yesterday (up early to go to work) I've slept 9 or 10 hours every night!
Water: Let's just say I'm sick of getting up to pee in the middle of the night.
Stretching: Fail.  I'm always really poor at stretching more than just post-run.  Mental note to do at least a few down-dogs tomorrow and Friday.
Mental Prep: I'm reading Born to Run again and reviewing my training log.  I'm excited to drive the course Friday!
Popcorn: Yes, please!

In continuing celebration Dave and I are going to see Date Night tonight!!

4 comments:

  1. Yea! You're almost there! Good work on the goals. Aaron and I really loved the movie too! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date Night was hilarious! "KILL SHOT, KILL SHOT!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. date night is SO hilarious!
    i can't wait to read your review :)

    peeing in the middle of the night?!
    i have no sympathy for you - sorry
    and 9-10 hours?!
    teach me how to do this, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading about your pre-marathon goals! As someone who is just starting to get into running races seriously, I find it very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes