Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

moving, continued

Last night we moved some boxes to the house using Dave's parents' van and the help of Dave's dad and our brother-in-law.  We took two loads over (including the antique dresser and rocking chair that I'm completely paranoid about hurting and didn't want loaded on to a pickup truck).  I stayed and unpacked the kitchen a little bit, running glasses that had been on shelves through the dishwasher.  I have a dishwasher now!  It was glorious to pull all those burning hot, clean little glasses out!
Chances are I might rearrange the cupboards yet, but at least everything has a home for now.  Our apartment kitchen just had one big pantry cupboard, so it's kind of confusing to have lots of separate cabinets... I'm still figuring out how to organize the food!

Later Dave and I moved the tv - another item we didn't want on the pickup.  I got to be the tv stabilizer.
Despite the packing and moving feeling like it's dragged on, unpacking really will go quickly I think.  It only took me about an hour to unpack the whole kitchen, and that was a good number of boxes.  I might be a poor packer who didn't really utilize my box space well, making lots of boxes but not much to unpack.  Who knows.

I'm off to shower, finish grabbing up things, making a goodwill run, and waiting for the crew to arrive at 9am!  See you again when we have internet!!

1 comment:

  1. oh! i see didi in your cupboard! hi, didi, i miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes