Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

raindrops on roses...

A few of my favorite things:

We have internet!
We have been attempting this for about a week, but were having issues with the phone line.  We got the line tagged yesterday and Dave did all the configuring and set up!  Wheeeee!

The dishwasher:
I have never minded washing dishes - it's kind of relaxing to me.  Your hands are warm, you have time to think, and it's satisfying to see the end result of sparkly clean dishes.  When we were looking at houses I told Dave that a dishwasher was not a "must" on my list.  But having a dishwasher is awesome.  I don't care if a recipe dirties a lot stuff during preparation and we can have lots of people over without dishes being a big deal.  And I still get to do some dishes - our pots aren't dishwasher safe and goodness knows the one pot we use for popcorn gets a lot of use...

Our new (to us) bedroom set:
We bought some beautiful antiques from our former landlady, and I love this piece - the swiveling mirrors, the sweet little doors, the beautiful wood.  Eventually I'm going to recover the stool with fabric, but I have to wait until we figure out exactly what color our bedroom will be.  (We have a bed and bedside table to match this set.  Yay!)

The weather report for today:
9 am

57°F

Feels Like
57°F
12 pm

68°F

Feels Like
68°F
3 pm

72°F

Feels Like
72°F
6 pm

72°F

Feels Like
72°F
9 pm

65°F

Feels Like
65°F
12 am

56°F

Feels Like
56°F
Are you kidding me?  GLORIOUS.  I'm saving up my run for the afternoon, when I can enjoy a sun-run without the accompanying heat stroke.

You knew these two would be on the list, right?
They really should be on the very top of the list.  Every single time.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Kimmer!! I made it to the most recent post!! (confession: I weirdly made an unconscious decision to abstain from blog posting and even reading about two months ago. For some reason on Sunday I decided I wanted to start back in again, so I've been spending the last four days getting caught up on your little life.) SO excited for you and your house and your gorgeous new furniture. Also - SUPER jealous of your dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog... the name really caught my eye... (cat lover)! And then to find out you have a poly! My kittie Haylen also has "mittens" :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes