Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

rested

My sleep schedule has been out of whack lately, between weekend activities and just regular stuff that has kept Dave and I up past our normal bedtime.  After IKEA this past weekend I just felt completely exhausted.  This morning I decided to skip my run in favor of getting almost 10 hours of sleep.  It. was. amazing.  I might run tonight or I'll just go tomorrow morning, but man, getting some extra sleep and feeling a little bit more on track has made all the difference.  Granted, this means 4 days of rest in the final 3 weeks before my marathon, which maybe seems like a too-soon taper.  Don't worry!  This week is full of 10 yassos and that 20 mile run that I missed last weekend.  I'll get my mileage in!

Don't forget to vote in the reader recipe poll!  I'll announce the winner at lunch today.  Right now we have a three-way tie!

2 comments:

  1. 10 hours of sleep...wow.
    i can't remember the last time that happened!
    currently going for a 5 hour stretch is too good to be true in this house!
    enjoy it now - it may change in your future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 yassos, oh my word i'm beat just considering that workout! i envy those of you that can do them, I always end up injured

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes