Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

blog debate

Last night I got home and wanted dinner fast, but also wanted some veggies.  The solution?

Quick Broccoli Soup
1 carrot, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T. olive oil
1 1/2t. salt
2 T. italian seasonings
1 1/2c. water
1 pound frozen chopped broccoli
1/2c. milk

Saute onion, carrot, garlic, and salt in olive oil over medium heat until veggies are soft (about 7 minutes).  Add water, broccoli, and seasonings.  Cover and bring to a boil.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Turn off heat.  Puree soup with an immersion blender until mostly smooth (or pour in blender).  Stir in milk.

The blog...
I'm debating some aspects of my blog currently... mainly my use of Blogger.  So far Blogger has been great, but it's a little more limited than other blog platforms, such as Wordpress.  For example, I can't reply to comments in blog, which is annoying and alienating to my readers.  So I'm thinking about switching to Wordpress... which brings up another question, too.  If I do switch, do I keep the same blog name?  I like boygirlkitty, and for right now it's very apt, but it doesn't necessarily capture the scope of the blog (running and recipes)... and what happens when, eventually, boygirlkitty grows to be boygirlkittybaby?  If I do change the name, what name would it be?  Is a blog name/URL important or not?

Any thoughts/perspectives from you guys out there?

11 comments:

  1. hm...i think creative names are adorable! i like ours because its funny to me and the blog name fact won't change even though everything else about us will...so i'm going to start brainstorming for you...
    p.b. and running
    mosie's mansion
    marathons and meals
    eating and sweating
    mierau's and mosie

    i'll keep working on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a reader/commenter's perspective, I hate Blogger. The commenting process just isn't as user-friendly, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girlevolving is still floating around in my head as a good possibility. plus it almost looks like an anagram.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of things: 1. Congratulations on the baby! 2. Changing to better software is a good idea... know when you out grow something and move on. 3. I suggest Zebra Force Death Squad for your new blog or I Like to Pay the Apple Tax or You Me and My Cubicle Make Three or Mierau is an Onomatopoeia or One Day I Might Out Grow My Blog Name if I Ever Have Children and My Cat Dies or I like to run, run, run, I like to cook, cook, cook, I like to run, I like to cook, Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog name! My blog name doesn't relate at all to what I talk about... and I often remember bloggers by their real name rather than blog name. That is just me though.

    Love WP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty much just to agree with the previous posters. If you've outgrown Blogger, then maybe it's time to switch to something new. And I just want to say I love girlevolving. Great name, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was this your way of announcing you're pregnant??? JUST KIDDING!!! :) But seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like "A Boy, A Girl, and a Kitty" for sure (and talk about your blog as such!), but I can see what you mean about expanding someday. But yeah, you know -- I think the title doesn't necessarily have to say "exactly" what the blog is all about. I could see "Boy, Girl, and a Kitty" with the sub-header "...and a Baby"; or just changing the title altogether if you want! WordPress is definitely more user-friendly and open for expansion more than Blogger. You should definitely check out a domain name too! (I'm not a regular blogger in this season right now, but I just love 'em and hope to get back at it soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just let me know what happens so I can keep reading! I like Boy, Girl, and Kitty though! I think its cute!
    Shared your blog with a friend recently. She loves it! She is loving your smoothies and is inspired by your running! Jai You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally go wordpress. all for it. as for names...eh. never remember them anyway...i like what you have ... but not super attached...it will be great either w ay...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, I've been thinking about wordpress, too. We should go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes