Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

subway secrets

Did you know Subway has a veggie patty sandwich?  They don't advertise it and it's not on the menu board, but most of the restaurants have it.  And it's really pretty good - not a weird texture, decent taste, and way more filling than a regular veggie sub.  You just have to ask for it!

Random secret, huh?  I've heard Dairy Queen is similar - that they have blizzard flavors that they don't advertise and aren't on the menu, but you can order.  So strange!

Check out this link for more supposed restaurant secrets.

4 comments:

  1. (Kim suggested your blog me, so I'm a new reader/commenter!)

    I *did* know about the veg. patty at Subway! My vegetarian cousin put me onto it a few years ago. It's pretty filling, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession - I can confirm that the website is true in regards to chili cheese burritos not being on the menu but being order-able. I'm not proud but the shame doesn't stop me from ordering one from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get that before I became vegan! Now I just get a sub loaded with veggies. I have heard our Subways here in Chicago have falafel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Secret not on the website: If you would have visited the Knob Hill Tavern in Newburgh, IN in the mid to late 90's you could have ordered a western Stromboli that didn't appear on the menu. I only know because I worked 3 nights a week at the said location as a busboy while in high school.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes