Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

marathon details

About a week ago Dave left this note on the fridge:
I finally cashed in on it last night and got a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds.  Yum!

I thought of a couple more details about the Presque Isle marathon:

the shirts: A couple months back I picked up these shirts from runningchics.com.  I love the soft fabric, the extra length of these shirts, and how thin they are.  They don't have any rough seams and they dry as fast or faster than wicking material shirts.  My one issue was underarm chafing (a common problem for me) where the shorter sleeves didn't protect my skin from rubbing on skin.  A slightly longer sleeve more fitted around my arm would have probably fixed the problem for me.  Still, for all intents and purposes this shirt was really comfortable... plus I wear it all the time when I'm not running!

post-race: Kelly picked up a reese's big cup for each of us after the race.  Joy.
I ate it later on the drive home.  She got one for Dave and one for Keegan, too, because she smartly realized neither of us would want to share.

race swag: Race swag was awesome for a small, pretty cheap marathon ($40 registration).  We got a nice long sleeve wicking shirt, a tote bag, and a hat.  And my bag contained a $500 gift card to redstargiftcard.com.  Kelly's bag did not, so we're not sure if this was a door prize or what...  From what I can tell, the website is all about sunglasses - expensive sunglasses.  I'll keep you posted on how this one turns out.

the one regret: Kelly and I never stopped to take a picture together, pre or post race!  Guess this means we just need to race again sometime so we can have a proper photo op.  I'm a pretty big fan of this picture of us finishing though.  And maybe the professional pics will have a winner!

What things make or break a race for you?  For me it's entry fee and course route.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! A $500 giftcard? Scwheet!
    Entry fee and route too. And who's running :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message!

A blog about running, recipes, and everything in between. Be sure to vote in the reader recipe polls on Monday mornings - recipes and reviews on Friday morning. Please say hi and thanks for reading!
 
Copyright 2009 a boy, a girl, and a kitty All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes